Header image

Header image

Sunday, November 10, 2013

"Run for your lives!"

   
 
 
   "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened." Or was it in the warp? No. This time it is not the Death Star destroying Alderaan. It is a planet being destroyed, but not in one final blast from the greatest station in the galaxy. More like dropped on and eaten one citizen at a time.  I believe these are the voices of Guardsman, Eldar, and Space marines. All being consumed to feed the hive mind.  This was the exact moment when I heard the Tyranid codex was being released in only a few short weeks. I feel the great devourer will certainly "bring balance to the Force." 

 
      All my hopes and fears for the future hang in the balance of this codex. I hope that this codex will prove to the community that assault is not dead, not that I believed that for a second. I have been run over by more thunder wolves and chaos marines than I would like to admit to. I also hope to see a return of genestealers. (and possibly genestealer cults.) My first fear is that there will be yet another psycher more powerful than Eldrad. Then, of course, I will be wishing I could use more than one standard of devastation in my command squads. Also  The swarm is always the way I am defeated. I never have enough bullets. But time will tell. what lies ahead. Hopefully, the swarm can be slowed before it lands at my doorstep, but I doubt it. Maybe I need to return to the Guard. They are the rival of these stinking bugs. Hopefully, they come out with a Leman Russ Ortho, or maybe replace Marbo with the Orkin man.

No comments:

Post a Comment