Header image

Header image

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Battle Report: Stop the crusade!

        I know this is a little bit late. (Sorry Chris) But here is the battle report from our last Imperial Guard vs. Chaos Marine throw down. I'm gonna apologize for the lack of pictures once again. I need to be a little smarter when I start to play and attach the camera to my right hand. I decide to break out my guardsmen roll a little tumble. 1500 points was our limit. I got close. Chris, of course, got right on the money. I set up the terrain in NOVA Open style with a Tzeentch theme of a large sorcerer's tower in the middle amid woods and swamps. That choice was more for aesthetics and theme. What a beautiful table layout. I knew Chris would be proud to put his Thousand Sons on this board. Then, he showed up with Abbadon and a mostly unmarked Chaos marine army. We'll see if I theme a table for him anytime soon...

     The game went from there. We played the Scouring again with the diagonal deployment zones . For some reason, that is our most common fight lately. I got First turn and ran with it. I was playing 2 Leman Russes and a Manticore with a platoon and 2 vet squads, 1 in a chimera and the other in a Valkyrie. And with no night fighting, I began to shower his side of the board with long range fire. His army consisted of Abbadon with some slaneesh terminators, some chosen, a forge fiend, and chaos marine squads. I commend him for a very different list than usual. Unfortunately for him, nothing he had was very fast or long ranged. So I got 2 good turns of shooting on his troops before he dropped his terminators right in front of my firing line. And in case you don't know. Lasguns do NOT kill terminators. Especially with Abbadon divvying up the wounds when necessary.

   We decided to call the game on turn 4. Why, you wonder? Well..... We had very few troops and only a Valkyrie on the table. They were all going to die or be absurdly overwhelmed on a contested objective. In other words, on turn 5, there would have, decisively,  been no scoring units to hold objectives. I got first blood. Both of us had line breaker and neither had a chance at killing the warlord. Though it was a victory for me, I'm sure Abbadon and his terminators would have been chasing my command squad right after they killed everyone else in range. I'm looking forward for the next game and a camera in my hand at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment