Header image

Header image

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The elves have kept me busy.....

       Hey guys. We are back at this magical time of the year. There is so much stuff going on and my mind races in so many different directions at the same time. Tonight, though, is different. I am done with all my holiday tasks. My shoulders and back are even sore from wrapping presents. Any free time I have had lately has been dedicated to painting my Eldar. I have finished a twenty man Guardian squad, which could easily be cut in half. I also started a ten man seer council (not on jetbikes). I love the idea, and the rules definitely are in favor of the jetbike but I could never settle on a model that I could really appreciate the way it looked.  Though I had a lot of drive to finish them, it just didn't happen. The allure of bigger models called to me. So as I was working on my warlocks, my four year old son picked up a wraith lord and asked me in an innocent way only a four year could, "are you ever gonna paint this big guy?" So I did and was then inspired to paint my wraith knight. When I assembled my wraith knight I took the time to magnetize everything that I could for options. I must remember to put pictures up of what I did. Hopefully it can help someone else to do it the same way. The model is turning out wonderfully. Again, pictures will be coming. Painting my wraith knight has been such a breeze with so many pieces removable. All I need to work on is the weapons. Then there will be pics.
   There is one other thing I wanted to mention tonight before I close here. I wanted to mention that if you are interested in painting models, or if you just want to see some different models painted. My brother paints custom Skylanders and Disney Infinity game pieces. You can search for remixed Skylanders on Facebook or follow this link to Remixed Custom Skylanders . I am very proud of the work he is doing. I think I'm going to see if he can come up with a skylander space marine. That would be a great blend of both our hobbies.
       Have a great night. Happy Holidays to you and all of your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment