Header image

Header image

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Army list building today

      Hi guys! In the last few weeks inspiration has eluded me. Halloween in my house is a big deal. In fact, at this point, it is arguable if we have more decorations for Halloween or Christmas. My painting, playing, and even my reading dips low in October. Needless to say, I did not get the fight in for the next part of the story. It will be coming within the next few weeks. Please hang in there.  If you have more recently started following the story, it is all based off the battlefield, with some personal embellishments.
     
       Since I have not gotten to progress the story, I have been reading rules and writing army lists. Army lists are my contact to the game when I can't play. Lists are the topic tonight. I have been playing with army lists since the second edition of 40k. Most of my lists, like so many out there are theoretical. They never see the outside of the tablet. Though I must say, the faceless people of the internet make up so many lists. You could google lists for any army you would like to play and for any game you might be interested.
   
     The weakness came to me one day. I decided instead of building the list the way I normally do,  I reached for my tablet and searched for army lists. The choices I found were innumerable. I was simply looking for inspiration for my Imperial Guard, Astra Militarium, or some combination with the other models I own. For the first 20 minutes I was enthralled with the possibilities. My original thought was to keep it simple and see what worked. As always when online,  my search expanded. Easily enough, Guard with Space Marines, Dark Angels, Chaos Marines lists were sought and found. Then, it unexpectedly turned to a dark place. And suddenly I am looking at lists I would have never thought possible throughout the last few editions. I found Marine/ Chaos demon lists and Tyranid allied lists. Before this, I was having a hard time figuring out whether my army was going to be battle forged or unbound. Now the whole world opened up before me. I have now been inspired to do and find more. I am officially back "in the game." I have been list building since then. The world of 40k is reopened to me.

   Don't forget that this is your hobby. Have fun with it, and get inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment