Header image

Header image

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Fear the Dark!

     This week was an interesting one. I finally got a solid fight in with my Dark Angels. 1500 point fight against a thousand sons themed  CSM force, which by game time got escalated 100 points right before we started playing. He wanted to add cultists at the last moment, so I provided him some guardsman to stand in. We rolled up the Scouring and vanguard deployment. And to make it worse, the best objectives were all on my side. So we pretty much had a gun fight across the table. He got a couple pot shots off early and I returned them back. That would have been most of the battle except he booned a champion into a demon prince and I dropped my Deathwing behind his entire army. That was enough to distract his army  & pull him off one of his objectives. We called it soon after that. I'm still looking for a little more punch to my force. Not quite sure where to find it yet. Maybe in the IG codex.

A better shot of my 1000 pt Dark Angels

 
    As far as hobby progress, I got my Devastators finished but the sealer. I also painted the tower part of the Fortress, and one of the three land speeders. Not a bad month. Could have been better.... but on to next month.... I think I am going to tackle my bike squadron and a land speeder or two. And my ever present progress on the Fortress of Redemption. I'm hoping the base takes less time than the tower. We'll soon see.


No comments:

Post a Comment