Header image

Header image

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Berks Spring Assault 4

My Dark Angels for Berks Spring Assault 4
 
      Last week, I headed out to Berks Spring Assault 4. BSA4 was held in Reading, Pa, which is only about an hour drive for me. It was the first tournament experience for me in a very long time. I take my hat off to Mike and the Berks gaming team for running an exciting event. It was a four game 1000 points per event. That made the games quick and interesting. I got to meet a lot of interesting people. And the number of gaming groups from around the area. The size of the display boards were tremendous compared to the last tournament I participated in. Wow! There were also some beautifully painted armies. It is good to know there are gamers out there with the same story as I have. I had lunch with a guy that would repeat the same tale of hobbying that I was telling him. I would call my second round opponent, Dan, for a game any time. He absolutely pulled my army apart one squad at a time. But it  was a blast. I also got to talk to some local pod casters. The whole event was an experience for me. It certainly was less about the games and more about the community and camaraderie. Thanks again Mike. I look forward to the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment