Header image

Header image

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Work in Progress, Part 3

Tactical squad # 5
      Here I am, feverishly working on my Dark Angels. Another Tactical squad done. I am officially down to 18 more models for my hobby progress challenge (a light at the end of a very dark green tunnel). The last DA tactical squad I ever plan on painting. Unless, of course, someone decides to buy me the entire chapter deal that GW decided to sell. Somehow, I seriously doubt that's going to happen. And I could easily find better uses for $11,000. OK. Enough of that tangent. Before them is my veteran squad, minus one that I already painted, and a land speeder. My plans are to be finished by the end of October. We shall soon see if that hold true.

   In case you haven't noticed, I placed my models on a convenient piece of terrain that I happened to have finished. I cut the foam for it over three years. It was intended to be a spawning pool themed for my lizard man army. Unfortunately, I have more terrain pieces done for that army than I have models completely painted. So, I just removed some of the iconography from the stone work and painted and based it more generically. Looking at it now, I feel that it needs a tree or some larger plant growth to break it up just a little. Otherwise, I am very pleased with it. This weekend will possibly include some work on our cityscape table and hopefully work out my list for my next army project: Eldar.

    The last thing I wanted to add tonight was a recommendation. Check out this site and add your support for  http://thelordinquisitor.com/. These guys are doing a wonderful job bringing the Warhammer 40k universe to light. Watch the trailer. You won't be sorry.

   I'm off for tonight. I need to actually update my progress on the independent characters forums. I don't think I've update my progress in 2 months there. Oops!. Well, at least the painting is getting done. That is the actual goal. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment