Header image

Header image

Monday, June 17, 2013

The Past Two Weeks.....

       The past two weeks for me has been extremely busy. Normal life warranted a few open doors and opportunities. But that is not the focus of this blog. My hobby has also been very busy. First off, the Eldar codex came out. I, of course, ran out Saturday morning to pick it up, then came home to digest the contents. That took all of nap time for my boys and then some. There are a lot of new rules in that codex. A lot to learn from the last version. I'm still working on list, between what I want to run compared to what I have to run. Then, I need figure out my paint schedule. Before that comes the completion of the Dark Angels.

      That leads me to the completion of my Fortress of Redemption.
It took me much longer to complete than I thought, but the results were better than I expected. Here are a couple of pictures. I really like the way the brass and black came together. I threw some Devastators on the walks for anyone who hasn't seen one before. Then, off the momentum of that, I started painting my Nephillim jet fighter. I painted the pilot and enclosed the canopy in one sitting.  Pictures of that will be coming later.

And if that wasn't enough, I even got a  fight in. 2 on 1. Chaos/ Imperial Guard versus Space wolves. My Imperial Guard did a pretty good job feeding chaos marines to the Space Wolves. Unfortunately, we lost the game. Victory to the werewolf vikings in power armor.                                And off to the  next black crusade. 


No comments:

Post a Comment